Posted January 23rd. 2013 in Tech Center
Ansell supports the development and maintenance of the best hand protection safety standards
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Australian/New Zealand Standards (AS/NZS) help classify specific product attributes and communicates the quality and protection levels of personal protection equipment (PPE). These standards are there to help assist managers in the provision and maintenance of workplace safety levels.
Many countries across the Asia-Pacific region have adopted the established European Union (EU) standards for their own use. Called the EN standards, Ansell is dedicated to delivering safety gloves that meet the stringent regulatory standards set by the EU.
Back to Top
The importance of knowing your EN standards
Knowing the EN standards is essential as it will help you make the right decisions when it comes to protecting your workers hands.
When buying industrial gloves, an understanding of the numeric or alphabetical codes and symbols used for specifying protection levels in the standards is recommended.
Download our Guide to EN Standards for Gloves to get a better understanding as well as to learn how to read the codes and symbols.
The EN standard pictograms at a glance
Download our educational posters
- The Invisible Enemy
- Ergonomics in work safety gloves comfort
- Looking beyond purchase price can keep workers safe and reduce spend
- Emphasis on “green” materials and processes in safety wear
- Choosing right laundering procedure for work gloves
- Moisture hazards in work safety gloves
- Best hand protection for working with glassware
- Hand safety cut protection: EN standards testing
- Glove standards
- Choosing the right laundry partner
- Vinyl work safety gloves: allergic reactions
- Ambidextrous work gloves wrong fit for safety
- Coming to grips with lubricated objects
- Long-term costs savings on safety gloves laundering
- Aliphatic hydrocarbons: Ansell nitrile safety gloves the right fit
- Latex allergies prevention: right hand protection with Ansell
- Measuring up for right safety gloves fit
- Safety gloves selection made easy: Ansell Protection Solutions Guide
- Save on costs through safety gloves launder
- Chemical protection safety gloves: use and disposal