Warning: Safety gloves claims can be off the planet
DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!! Some safety glove manufacturers do not go hand in hand with your hand protection needs. Just like Robot, which had no given name in the legendary Lost in Space TV series, companies can print out glossy brochures full of “data”, with the source of these “facts” remaining nameless. Ansell’s Dr Michael Zedalis (no relation to Dr Zachary Smith) warns that some safety gloves suppliers overstate their products’ performance and protection.
Built right for construction site: ActivArmr hand safety
Strong hand protection against punctures, cuts and abrasions. Crafted of stainless steel and DuPont™ Kevlar® fibres for EN388 level 3 cut protection. Foam nitrile palm coating provides enhanced hand grip for both wet and dry applications. Adjustable wrist closure and silicone gel padding reduce vibrations and hand stress impact, for added comfort and dexterity. The ActicArmr® Heavy Laborer Glove ergonomic design and breathable construction results in many tasks being done with the safety gloves on.
Come to grips with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: get yourself AlphaTec safety gloves
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Painful condition of the hand and fingers caused by compression of a major nerve where it passes over the carpal bones through a passage at the front of the wrist. From repetitive movements over a long time, or by fluid retention. Sypmtoms include tingling, numbness, swelling, burning, restricted movement and weakness of and around the muscles and tendons.
Work safety red alert on hand protection imports
A FEDERAL Government imports loophole is increasing workers’ risk of injury, safety gloves global leader Ansell has warned. Many workplace safety officers, management and unions in Australia may be unwittingly exposing workers to risk because they are unaware of the problem.
- Industry-first safety report shows Australian industry lags in costing hand injuries
- Understand the changes
- Ansell is helping safety leaders stay ahead of regulatory changes in hand protection
- Hand safety conformance loophole warning
- Hand cuts, scrapes and infections: Don’t ignore the work safety risks
- Touch up on tactility with Ansell work safety gloves
- Hydro Tasmania wins Ansell-sponsored National Safety Council award
- Safety satisfaction against chemical reaction: Ansell the piece de resistance
- Construction workers build up greater work injury risk
- Ansell pulling the apron strings for your work safety